Saturday, February 7, 2009

It's about HEALTH

So I've decided to stop the obsessive ups and down with my weight and finally get to a happy place for ME...in my own timeframe, on my own terms and in a way that brings me energy, happiness and health and not just weight loss.

I have been up and down over the years...I was overweight as a child/teenager and then I became anorexic and obsessed and got down around 100#...then I found weight lifting and decided to gain back healthy weight and get strong. I gained back a little too much and have been suffering from binges..mostly on nuts and nut butter and the occasional loaf of bread :0)

I'm starting this journey at 150#. I am currently undergoing testing for lupus, so I'm really scared as to how that is going to affect my life and my health and exercising if it turns out that I have it. I will do the best I can to be healthy and happy and live life to the fullest though. I will NOT let a disease define me!

For lifting, I'm starting a program designed by a wonderful trainer, so I'll only list the exercises in random order and the highest weights. I've been having some problems with my feet, so my cardio is a little limited right now.

For diet, I am not going to be weighing food or counting calories. I have been doing that for about 5 yrs now and I'm sick of it! I"m ready to lose this weight without being obsessive. I'm loosely following precision nutrition and trying to keep starchy carbs to after workouts.

I'm really going to try to implement some nutrition strategies that are supposed to help lupus symptoms: eliminating dairy and wheat and artificial sweeteners mostly..staying away from nightshade plants like eggplant and tomatoes. I"m going to make sure to get in my fish oils and omega 3s: plenty of walnuts and flax seeds and olive oil

SATURDAY: 2/7 BACK/ARMS
STRAIGHT ARM PD: 60#
WALL CURLS: 40#
TRICEP PRESSDOWN MACHINE: 40#
VBAR PD: 80#
PREACHER CURL MACHINE: 35#
SKULLCRUSHERS: 35#
UPRIGHT DB REAR LAT RAISE: 10#/ hand
1 ARM DB ROW: 30s
LOW HAMMERSTRENGTH ROW: 50#
20 min. post workout cardio
FOOD:
1: smoothie: whey, almond milk, berries, flax seeds, spinach
2: tuna, salad, butternut squash, apple slices
3: post workout frapachiano light (starbucks)
4: chicken, brown rice wrap, salad w/ tahini/oil/yogurt dressing, mixed nuts
5: smoothie: whey, greek yogurt, berries, flax seeds, spinach

No comments:

Post a Comment